And as we all know, a customer plugging in their router backwards is a RARE
occasion….NOT !  J

From: Af [mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com] On Behalf Of Eric Muehleisen via Af
Sent: Tuesday, November 18, 2014 3:04 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] epmp 1000 only PPPOE Filter

Dan, a PPPoE only filter would eliminate Bootp server from spewing across your
L2 broadcast domain when a customer plugs their router in backwards.

On Tue, Nov 18, 2014 at 2:53 PM, Dan Sullivan via Af <af@afmug.com> wrote:

Daniel,

I am Dan Sullivan and I am the software manager for ePMP at Cambium.

Why do you want to filter PPPoE?  Can you explain the use case more for me.

When our SM is set up as a PPPoE client and is talking to a PPPoE server, it
will only accept traffic from the PPPoE server over the wireless interface.
With this in mind, why do you need a PPPoE filter for the wireless interface?

One other item, when NAT mode is enabled we can set up a L2 filter for a source
MAC and EtherType as indicated below, but only the source MAC filter will work.
 There is a warning message that indicates this when in NAT mode.

Dan