Do you really need something faster than one of the spanning tree variants?

The topology at Montana Internet is to have a layer 3 switch at each site
and a big flat rapid spanning tree ring for all of the OSPF speaking layer
3 switches (Aka routers) to talk on.   If I yank a ring cable, I lose about
a second on two is all.

-forrest