From: Af [mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com] On Behalf Of Nate Burke via Af
Sent: Monday, December 01, 2014 4:48 PM
To: Animal Farm
Subject: [AFMUG] OT: RC Cars

For a long time I've wanted an RC car.  I was at the beach over the weekend,
and saw a guy running one through the sand and jumping it around and it looked
really fun.  I think I'm finally in a position in life where I can allow myself
to get one.  I'm thinking I may want one step above one you can buy at a
big-box, but I also don't plan on making it into a hobby.  Any pointers for a
guy who just wants to run a car around sometimes?

Some things I think I want, unless I'm told I'm wrong.

4wd
Ability to cross sand/mud/shallow water (does this mean waterproof?) Won't
break if it flips/crashes.
100 yard range.
Rechargeable battery

Anything specific to look for?  Anything to stay away from?  I'm hoping to keep
this little endeavor around $200, that way I don't have to go through all the
requisition forms and justification analysis with the wife.

Nate