We have a customer who has a managed IP phone system and a managed mikrotik
router that we support (but not our Internet service). We are getting
intermittent reports of web pages not loading completely.

I was on site a couple weeks ago, and was able to duplicate the issue, in
particular outlook.com was not loading some images. I determined at that
time they were unable to access the IP that google DNS was providing for
the host serving those images. When I set our router to use their
provider's DNS servers, they were getting a different IP which was pingable
and the web page loaded completely.

I could not explain why it was working on their providers DNS and not on
google DNS (which we use frequently). But we left it on their providers
DNS.

Today they are reporting a similar issue, supposedly affecting "most
websites not loading completely." They feel our router is to blame,  "used
to work fine before" etc. It's a mikrotik doing NAT to a single public IP,
with a few port forwards for remote access to the phone system. Nothing
crazy. I do have the office computers running through the port on the
grandstream IP phones, but not on a separate VLAN so the phone just acts
like a switch.

Their provider is not responsive to the issue, other offices in the
building using that provider are not having trouble.

Any suggestions or thoughts?