I tried that trick with standard exam gloves and it seemed to make my hands colder and had to take them out of my gloves. Maybe I'll try the Nitrile style.

Matt via Af wrote:
A trick our tower climbers taught me is to wear a pair of the thick latex
5mm+ gloves underneath a set of lighter, tighter stretchy winter gloves.
This allows you to retain much more dexterity without sacrificing much
warmth.  Ever since using this trick, i RARELY get cold fingers.  I can
typically make a set of the rubber gloves last a couple days of taking them
on and off.  You can pick up a 500 pack for pretty cheap.  They are usually
a sweet black or purple color.  Very stylish.  It goes against everything
I've been taught as far as winter clothes and breath-ability, but it
actually works.  Your hands will be sweaty, but warm.  You also will be able
to hold bolts and nuts.  The other added benefit is that if you have to
remove your gloves to do something like put an ethernet end on, you just
leave the rubbers on and slip your outter glove off.  Your hand doesnt get
cold near as fast because it's blocked from the wind somewhat.

I have since told a couple friends that work out in the cold all day long
doing construction, and they now buy those gloves by the case.
Heard this from you or someone in past.  Tried these under regular gloves.

http://www.amazon.com/SafeTouch-Nitrile-Gloves-Latex-Powder/dp/B0019QXACO

They really did not seem to help much at all for me.  When I took my
regular gloves off and just had the Nitrile ones on my hands did not
seem to stay any warmer.  Are these a wrong choice?