If I'm remembering right how those dishes are made, I think you could (with
SAF, anyway), but I'm not sure it's something you would want to be doing on a
tower...

________________________________
From: Af [af-boun...@afmug.com] on behalf of Josh Luthman via Af [af@afmug.com]
Sent: Friday, December 05, 2014 10:11 AM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] 11 ghz dish, can one put an 18ghz feed horn in it?

I'd guess different but just ask SAF :)

Josh Luthman
Office: 937-552-2340
Direct: 937-552-2343

On Dec 5, 2014 11:09 AM, "Sam Lambie via Af"
<af@afmug.com<mailto:af@afmug.com>> wrote:
I was shipped the wrong antennas (2 foot) for an 18ghz link, I didn't notice
that it was an 11 ghz antenna set until I tried to get the radios to link up.
Best I could get was -65. It drove me crazy trying to see if I was on a side
lobe for half an hour until it got dark and I gave up. Right before I left, I
glanced at the label and saw that the antenna was for an 11 ghz link.
So the question is, are the parabolics on the antenna the same and the feed
horn different? Can it be swapped out to get me the -38 that I want, or are we
going to have to uninstall the whole shebang?

Sam

Sam Lambie
Taosnet Wireless Tech.
575-758-7598<tel:575-758-7598> Office