Depends on the manufacturer of the dish.
Parabolic curves are all the same.  Just zoomed in or out on the curve.   They
all  use a  different part of the curve.  And they all have different focal
points.

From: Sam Lambie via Af
Sent: Friday, December 05, 2014 9:09 AM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: [AFMUG] 11 ghz dish, can one put an 18ghz feed horn in it?

I was shipped the wrong antennas (2 foot) for an 18ghz link, I didn't notice
that it was an 11 ghz antenna set until I tried to get the radios to link up.
Best I could get was -65. It drove me crazy trying to see if I was on a side
lobe for half an hour until it got dark and I gave up. Right before I left, I
glanced at the label and saw that the antenna was for an 11 ghz link.

So the question is, are the parabolics on the antenna the same and the feed
horn different? Can it be swapped out to get me the -38 that I want, or are we
going to have to uninstall the whole shebang?

Sam

Sam Lambie
Taosnet Wireless Tech.
575-758-7598 Office