I have a board out of one sitting in my desk to ship back that I wonder if
this would have saved some APs on, the surge went through the syncbox and
took out 2 APs. I dont know in this instance if it would have helped or not
but I dont thing it would have hurt

--
All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the
parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you