The reason the syncbox 12 jacks are unshieled is exactly the same reason
why none of the poe injectors currently have shielded jacks....

For some reason top loaded shielded jacks are not very common and when you
do find a supplier they are very expensive and have long lead times.
Neither of which are really compatible with the price point we're trying to
hit.

The good news is that I've found a source for these which I trust and has
them readily available.  Because it's going to take a board revision
getting them added to the products, it is not going to happen as quickly as
I would have liked.   This is a recent enough development that I don't even
have a good estimate yet of when we'll be switching.   It will be driven by
when we will be running out of old boards and/or connectors.