As abundant as bison and passenger pigeons.

From: David Milholen via Af
Sent: Sunday, December 28, 2014 1:39 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] UBNT Titanium; Narrower Sectors and GPS

Who needs it...
Just proliferate the air with great wifi data streams where spectrum is
abundant as water.

On 12/23/2014 7:30 PM, Josh Luthman via Af wrote:

  Ubnt flat out doesn't have GPS.

  Josh Luthman
  Office: 937-552-2340
  Direct: 937-552-2343

  On Dec 23, 2014 8:26 PM, "Josh Reynolds via Af" <af@afmug.com> wrote:

    I don't know anyone using GPS on ubnt

    On December 23, 2014 4:23:20 PM AKST, "Jerry Richardson (airCloud) via Af"
<af@afmug.com> wrote:
      Our region is pretty noisy and getting noisier. Currently we are using
Ubnt Rocket 90deg sectors although I have considered these to really be more
like 75 degrees due UBNT using -6dB as the rolloff point.

      We have seen a dramatic improvement with a Titanium sector and plan on
replacing the other rockets with Titaniums and considering going to 60deg or
maybe even 45 degree and using GPS sync to reuse channels.

      What if any have been your experiences with going to narrower sectors for
a given area? I would expect to see ~3dB improvement in links just by reducing
the antenna pattern, and ~3dB due to power density. Additional gains might be
made from improved F/B rejection and improved shielding, possibly another ~3dB?
This could mean anywhere from 6-9dB improveme nt on every link.

      What are your experiences with UBNT GPS? We would not use dynamic, but
rather fixed downlink %. I know we will give up some B/W but better spectrum
management might be worth the trade. The link improvements should push the
radios into higher modulation further mitigating the loss by using GPS

      Thoughts?

      Comments?

      Jerry