OK, so the query was buried in another email.  So, to make it a bit more
explicit, here is the question:
What do you like for NMS?

I need something that will integrate with software used by my mapping
department.  The software they use will work with a whole bunch of different
NMS packages (it claims).  I have only worked with PRTG and MRTG in the past.
Seems that Solarwinds seems popular with the mapping software people but there
are many more.

If I do this right, we will have a real time system map showing all our fiber
and all our active electronics with current alarms and status.  I think...