I am sure others will answer more completely, but yes, the TRAX light rail will
get you everywhere you need to go assuming you stay at a hotel on or near the
tracks.  There is a TRAX station right outside the AnimalFarm venue.  It runs
every 15 minutes.

From: bran...@gogebicrange.net
Sent: Thursday, January 08, 2015 9:13 AM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: [AFMUG] just subscribed. Heading to Animal Farm this year.

Morning everyone,

I just subscribed to the group after reading through the archives and finding
it informative. I learned about the group because we are planning to attend the
animal farm this year in salt lake city. Basic background on myself. I live In
the UP of Michigan on the far western edge. Wife and two kids and my wife and I
recently bought out my father’s half of our wisp. The network is almost
completely 900mhz moto and now that we are full owners I have the opportunity
to move it more quickly to more modern technology. Right now that appears for
us to be PMP450 in 3.65 and possibly some ePMP1000 for line of site customers.
This is my main reason for attending animal farm is to learn from others about
these platforms and what they have experienced.  We cover a large very rural
area, lots of trees lots of longer links in the 7 mile range and lots of snow
this time of year.

I do have a question on salt lake city for the group. We are planning to fly in
and trying to avoid renting a car. I see they have a train system that runs
from the airport to the fairgrounds and into downtown. Right now we are looking
at skipping staying at the Ramada and instead staying more in the downtown so
we have walking access to food and so on. Right now we are looking at the Hyatt
but would really consider anything else as well. So what I am wondering is are
we going to miss out on things by not staying at the Ramada and how easy is the
train system for getting in and out of downtown and out to the animal farm
event?

I look forward to learning a lot and hopefully at times being able to
contribute to the group. I wish I was aware of it sooner.

Best Regards,

Brandon Yuchasz