Failures could be anything, 3rd party radio head issues, failure due to
lightning, i think the better relationship you have with your vendor the
more apt they are to work with you on out of warranty products.  So if you
buy a dozen links you will get better response than if you buy 1 a year or
less.  If you have advance replacement, then that is a different story
because you are paying for insurance.  Just my opinion...