We can build them for -48v, however they would then need to be hooked up to
a separate positive power source via the management port for the internal
electronics.

Using a sitemonitor base unit works fine, right up until you reboot the
base which then reboots the expansion and all attached units.   Which us
why we're only shipping the positive version right now which doesn't have
this shortcoming.

I have a solution in the works which will fix this, but until then it's
sort of a special order item.