A few of the licensed -48V backhauls we've seen (mostly Dragonwave) have a floating ground on the power input. They didn't really care about which side (if any) was grounded. So if we used power supplies with isolated output, we were good to go.

However, if the SiteMonitor actually grounds the voltage input, you are in trouble.

bp
<part15sbs{at}gmail{dot}com>