I have the Puck deployed on all radios. I have 1 site that is Syncing off the Puck, but powered via a sync injector. I was having ethernet issues (interface bouncing/negotiation) until I disabled Sync on that port in the Sync Injector. It's been fine since.

On 1/30/2015 9:07 AM, Paul McCall wrote:

We are installing both and using CMM, CTM, SyncInjectors until something stops working S.O.P. and then have the pucks to use to get us by. Saved us many tower climbs already. As a rule, we keep the back to back APs on the same sync source (SOP or puck) and that seems to work fine, even with the other 2 back to back APs on the original SOP sync source.

Paul

*From:*Af [mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com] *On Behalf Of *Josh Baird
*Sent:* Friday, January 30, 2015 9:23 AM
*To:* af@afmug.com
*Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] Epmp sync ? Sync injector or puck?

So Cambium is basically telling people not to use SyncInjectors?  Funny.

I haven't heard that one before.

Josh

On Fri, Jan 30, 2015 at 9:15 AM, Darren Shea <darr...@ecpi.com <mailto:darr...@ecpi.com>> wrote:

TJ,

We’ve seen occasional issues with the ePMP APs in the field losing the sync-over-power pulse from SyncInjectors and CTM-2Ms, and Cambium responded to my trouble ticket with the following: “There has been extensive discussion/testing here regarding supported/compatible third party Sync/power sources for ePMP APs. We noticed sync compatibility issues when using packetflux sync injectors.”

My advice is to deploy with the puck antenna and use it as your primary sync source, and keep the SyncInjector oprerational as a backup. The onboard GPS seems to be stable, and appears to be less likely to make your customers call you complaining, “the Internet is down!”

- Darren