Doesn't it have a main engine thrust greater than Saturn V? (Saturn V used 5 of them didn't it)?

-----Original Message----- From: Ken Hohhof
Sent: Sunday, February 01, 2015 1:47 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: [AFMUG] OT - Falcon Heavy

I keep seeing articles about the proposed new "mega rocket" from SpaceX, how
it would have a higher payload capacity than any current launch vehicle and
could be used for manned missions to Mars.

I thought wow, let me look up how much bigger it will be than the Saturn V.
Turns out, it will have less than half the payload capacity of a Saturn V.
Granted it will be far more economical and may be reusable, so it's not
really a fair comparison.

But still, some of that Cold War era technology was pretty impressive.  We
can't afford it anymore though.