From: Adam Moffett
Sent: Tuesday, February 17, 2015 10:54 AM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] 320SMs Gathering ethernet Error stats

LTE is the light at the end of my tunnel right now, bro....don't ruin the
magic.

I don't know about "hasn't yet been tested".  The LTE firmware is basically
beta, but it's said to be functional.  Functional enough that they offered to
let me run it anyway.  I might still take them up on the offer, but for their
sake and mine I hope it blows my mind with how awesome it is.

The only smoke and mirrors I'm aware of is that whenever they tell you about
the awesome-sauce they have, they're definitely talking about LTE and the near
future.  What they have right now is not the Corvette they're trying to sell
you.  What they have now is equally quirky as the 320, but 10x harder to use.
It does have 4 antenna ports and if you want to, you can run two base stations
out of one unit, using two different channels and two BSID's.  So you do get
two base stations for the price of two base stations.  Or the four antenna
ports give you antenna diversity at the base station....which they say gives
you a little more margin in the upload direction.  They claim better
performance, but I can't point to any of the Compact base stations and say,
"ah, this one is doing more than a 320 could have."

It's a good thing I'm not in sales.  I would be terrible at it.  It's not a bad
product, it's just not the awesome product I would like it to be.

  I was all about the Telrad koolaid until I sat in on a webinar and saw the
plethora of smoke and mirrors. Im concerned when a company has a product with
attached promises of greatness based on standards based technology that hasnt
yet been tested on their own hardware and the promises have the caveat of no
longer being standards based. But I do like the promises of the magic they will
have like being able to use what would have been interference from another AP
in the system as usable client signal, however im not sure how much IP likes
traversing to isolated sites at once.

  I really hate not having any ethernet stats or control on the 320, I never
understood that being locked out