As you may or may not know, California has been in a serious drought for the last 3 years. Interestingly, we got about 30" of rain where I live in just December. Didn't make much a dent in the drought, but it did turn a lot of dust into mud that flowed into culverts that had not seen action in quite some time.

Well, we have kind of a long driveway with at least 7 culverts. A couple of these culverts got buried; seriously buried with all the dust turning into flowing mud.

I spent half a day last weekend attempting to "un-bury" these things, but could not find them. I'm wondering if a metal detector could find them, and if anyone knows how deep a chunk of metal (like a 15" corrugated metal conduit) could be detected?

One of the culverts is about 15" in diameter (might be 18", I didn't measure it). One end is exposed, and I know approximately where it should be on the opposite side of the driveway. I dug down to a depth of almost 5' with the tractor, and was not able to expose the buried end.

However, the other culvert is only about 8" in diameter, and both ends are completely buried.

--

bp
<part15sbs{at}gmail{dot}com>