Signal, Vector Error (SNR), Modulation Level, V/H Ratio, Throughput.

Why would you ever want to go back to CCQ, once you have access to real numbers that mean something?

-----Original Message----- From: Roland Houin
Sent: Wednesday, February 18, 2015 8:35 AM
To: John Seaman
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] PTP650 CCQ?

my experience is that you get the throughput that is shown in link capacity..
real/tcp/udp however you measure it..
I monitor throughput up/down as well as rssi to determine link status.
never had to look at the other statistics, except ethernet for crc errors..

Roland

Put up my first PTP650 link yesterday, what should I be looking for in the
statistics under the wireless port counter to determine if I am having problems
with this link? I'm used to the Atheros radios and CCQ value but this is a
whole different breed here.

I attached a couple screenshots. Link capacity is listed as 417mbps. Does that
number mean I will actually see 417mbps of aggregate traffic on this link? I
did some testing last night and actually seen 325mbps TCP throughput in the
downlink direction.

Kurt Fankhauser
Wavelinc Communications
P.O. Box 126