Well if you have a HAM license for this band you can transmit data in the
420 to 450MHz band US or 430 to 450MHz Europe at very high power levels
using 5 and 10MHz channels!!!

They use an approach used by many to up or down convert a frequency from
say 2.4GHz down to 902-928MHz..  eg  .(Shireen, Teletronics, others) using
an external UDC or Ubiquiti's 3.65GHz down converted from 5GHz band
internally.   Old School one was Solectek taking 902.928MHz NCR WaveLAN
signal into a Transverter which gave you three channels at 2.4GHz back in
the 90s.   Most modern RF systems use an IF frequency which is up converted
to desired one.   This is a source of potential interference if not
properly shielded.  simple example is what 100 base LAN connections do to
VHF two way radio stations when they are on same tower.

I was actually playing around Solecteck Transverter the other day...cleaned
it up and going to see if it works.   I only have some  WiLAN 900 MHz
radios to test so I will have to attenuate signal since I can't get into
the settings of these anymore.   I use them to send a signal and adjust my
SA....I am surprised they still work

Jaime Solorza
Wireless Systems Architect
915-861-1390