Paul, Absolutely not legal for any commercial purpose and can only be used
by a licensed amateur radio operator, not the general public in any way!!!
I doubt that even the Ham operator can even access the general Internet
with it legally!  But, as a Ham, and as a tinkerer, it would be really
interesting to see what 100 watts at 420MHz would do through trees at say,
25 or more miles with a decent tower site.  As an experiment, it might give
a guy a little more insight into our commercially legal operations that we
all use today.  And then again, it might just be an exercise in futility!
 :)  I may mess with it some!

--
Philip J. Rankin
Wireless Telecommunications Services