From: Patrick Leary
<patrickleary.af...@gmail.com<mailto:patrickleary.af...@gmail.com>>
Date: Saturday, February 21, 2015 at 9:24 PM
To: "af@afmug.com<mailto:af@afmug.com>" <af@afmug.com<mailto:af@afmug.com>>
Subject: [AFMUG] COMPACT vs. PMP450 Shootout Comment

Rory, so this is not buried in the last thread:

"We have seen exceptional results when testing Telrad’s equipment. Our terrain
is rough at best, abrupt elevation changes with thick forests throughout our
network footprint. We have tested both the Cambium PMP450 product in the past,
with minimal success when dealing with NLOS due to foliage (the link would
disappear after a few hundred meters of NLOS coverage). Our testing so far with
the Telrad COMPACT1000 and their CPE7000 outdoor CPE has been excellent. We
successfully completed our latest field testing with most tests taking place 4
miles from the tower/sector (where current Cambium PMP320 customers reside),
with us testing the limits of the base stations coverage with successful
connections at 10 miles away on a side/backlobe, and over 13 miles away with
data and VoIP. Testing back to back between Cambium and Telrad products on the
same tower at the same azimuth, we found an average of 10dB better RF levels
with Telrad’s equipment." - Name Withheld Upon Request

--
Patrick Leary
Director BD, North America, Telrad