In Scotland, they deep fry Mars bars.

On 2/27/15 10:49 PM, Ken Hohhof wrote:
Chimichanga however came from Arizona.  Only here in the US would someone look at a burrito and say “what if I deep fried that”?  This is the country that brought you deep fried Twinkies, bacon, and sticks of butter.  That’s no stereotype.  I assume somewhere we have deep fried hummus.

I will say the thought of roast salmon is making me hungry.  I remember some place named Ivar’s Salmon House.

Sent: Friday, February 27, 2015 4:36 PM
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] WANTED!!!

I wouldn't say the image is entirely a cartoon stereotype... from my time in Pakistan and Afghanican, if you like spicy kebabs of all varieties and fresh baked flat breads, you will enjoy the food there. Saying that a taco is a stereotype is like saying that a roast salmon is a pacific northwest stereotype. We actually do eat quite a lot of salmon in Vancouver.