If you have 3 foot dishes on each end, you are looking at a nominal 40-42 dBi
each or as much as 84 db antenna gain total.
Plus 21 dB tx power.  104 gains against 132.2 loss

Seems to me like your RX signal should be roasting hot at around -28 dBm or so.

From: Chuck McCown
Sent: Wednesday, March 04, 2015 9:54 AM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Smart guys on lost question

I have never had problems using simple free space path loss for these
frequencies.
I doubt there is significant cable or waveguide loss.
Dragonwaves mount to the antenna and the gain of the antenna is at the
interface.

96.6 + 20logD + 20log F  Where F & D are GHz and Miles.

96.6 + 10.5 + 25.1 = 132.2 dB