Work:
Authoritative: Yes, working on anycast via different datacenters with
different ASNs instead of your ns3 example.
Recursive: Yes, anycasted from multiple datacenters.

Personal/consulting authoritative: Amazon Route53.

I got back and forth on putting all authoritative on Route53. We host
enough domains that the per-domain fixed costs aren't anything to sneeze at.
Recursive is so easy and is a quick performance improvement for page load
(watch how many different hosts are contacted for the average web page.
Latency matters).

No matter what, maintain the ability to change records without say, opening
a ticket for a 3rd party.