From: Josh Reynolds
Sent: Thursday, March 05, 2015 7:29 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] downloads stalling but streaming, speedtests, etc. OK

And if there are things like NAT or routing over RFC1918 space, then it breaks
PMTUD ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Path_MTU_Discovery )

--
Josh Reynolds
CIO, SPITwSPOTS
www.spitwspots.comOn 03/05/2015 04:14 PM, Mike Hammett wrote:

  My max DNS UDP packet size is 512. I assume that's the default. MTUs over
1500 wouldn't affect any traffic flowing through as the device on the other end
wasn't able to pass a packet more than 1500 to begin with. I'd imagine what was
happening is that your MT was generating DNS requests that were larger than
could pass through the Intarwebz.

  http://www.ics-il.com