I am one of those people.  We run a fully bridged network with segmented
VLANs to each AP.  We also prune the VLANs over each backhaul link so the
packets only go where they are supposed to.  This segments the broadcast
domain and resolves the majority of the issues that a bridged network can
suffer from.  A bridged network doesn't have to be a 'flat' network.