Watts is watts.

If you're drawing (for example) 50 watts.

   110 VAC at ~~ .45 amps is 50 watts
   48 VDC at ~~ 1 amp is 50 watts
   24VDC at ~~ 2 amps is 50 watts

Looking at power consumption in watts eliminates having to figure out what the voltage is.

It does not deal with conversions though. The aforementioned 110VAC will surely involve some conversion efficiencies (or lack thereof).

Not having any specific information, I figure at least 10% loss each time you convert. So if you're powering an AF24 on 110VAC, you can rule of thumb estimate that the real amperage (on the 110 VAC is going to be closer to .5 amps (instead of .45 mentioned above).

bp
<part15sbs{at}gmail{dot}com>