http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Mope 




----- 
Mike Hammett 
Intelligent Computing Solutions 
http://www.ics-il.com 

----- Original Message -----

From: "Adam Moffett" <[email protected]> 
To: [email protected] 
Sent: Tuesday, March 17, 2015 10:27:27 AM 
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] level 1 telco training 

I'm unfamiliar with the term mopes. Are they low wage, low skill people? 
One smart, motivated person can probably replace 4 of those. 

If you figure out how to hire only smart, motivated people just let me know. 



On 3/17/2015 11:13 AM, That One Guy wrote: 



So the boss wants me to provide training to the mopes for "level 1" techs 
dealing with telco stuff. Primarily for when replacing existing PBX systems 
with VOIP systems and still using POTS 


to me, "level 1" is a mope connecting a phone to a prewired jack. If the jack 
isnt working and you expect a mope to be the definition of "level 1" then its 
not a "level 1" issue at that point. 


So I provided some wikipedia articles on POTS and Punchdowns 


I feel kind of like a dick, but it seems to me using mopes is a recipe for 
disaster I dont want to be a part of. 


any better resources out there? 


-- 




If you only see yourself as part of the team but you don't see your team as 
part of yourself you have already failed as part of the team. 



Reply via email to