From: Af [mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com] On Behalf Of Mark Radabaugh
Sent: Tuesday, March 17, 2015 2:44 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] PMP320 vs. PMP450

On 3/17/15 2:29 PM, Eric Muehleisen wrote:
> Has anyone conducted this test yet? 450 might be getting closer to the
> NLOS capabilities of the 320 because of the recent added features like
> 5ms framing and MIMO-A. A side-by-side comparison would be nice.
>
> -Eric
450 3.65 works like you would expect something between 2.4 and 5.7 to
work.   Some NLOS capabilities but nothing amazing.

320 (and all WIMAX) was in my experience unpredictable.  It would work in some
places that seemed impossible and not work in others that
absolutely should have been fine.   450 3.65 is more predictable - you
can usually look at what is in the way and say 'yeah - that should work'.

I put a 450 3.65 AP up right next to a 320 AP and tried to swap all the
customers.   Some worked, some didn't.  At this point I'm waiting for
summer and all the trees before trying to figure out what to do about the
customers I can't swap over.

Mark

--
Mark Radabaugh
Amplex

m...@amplex.net  419.837.5015 x 1021

This footnote confirms that this email message has been scanned by PineApp
Mail-SeCure for the presence of malicious code, vandals & computer viruses.

viruses.