A lot of phone wiring is done with Cat5e and can sometimes be repurposed if
they are home runs and not daisy-chained.
-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Prince
Sent: Saturday, April 11, 2015 6:39 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Structured Wiring
Whenever we are involved with early construction, we advise people to do
at least a minimum level of structured wiring. It hasn't happened often,
but when it happens the results are universally good.
Sometimes we do it, sometimes a third party.
bp
<part15sbs{at}gmail{dot}com>
On 4/11/2015 12:00 PM, Sterling Jacobson wrote:
I'm wondering what your thoughts are on getting homes to use structured
wiring.
Most of the homes we are installing/installed have a bundle of coax and
Ethernet in the HVAC area.
I would love to see the home owner put in a structured box with electrical
plug, terminate all the wiring and put a decent non-wireless router in
there.
Then use a wireless extender or wireless router in bridge mode somewhere
appropriate in their house.
Is anyone selling this kind of solution to customers?
Who is installing them?
I don't think I need certification in Utah to do these (Except the
electrical).
I'm honestly thinking of training up a few teenagers to do these for
cheaper.
What do you all think?