I'm not looking for more reach but for more snr for more splits

Would this affect power too?

Gino A. Villarini
@gvillarini

On Apr 18, 2015, at 12:59 PM, "ch...@wbmfg.com<mailto:ch...@wbmfg.com>"
<ch...@wbmfg.com<mailto:ch...@wbmfg.com>> wrote:

Yeah, some people say PON some say POE... same diff...

On a serious note, pon reach is many times limited by timing rather than
optical power.
You can always use erbium doped fiber amplifiers (EDFA) but you would have to
have one in each direction with the appropriate optical filters etc.

The best way to extend the reach of a pon network, is to put the pon card out
near the end in its own cabinet.

From: Gino Villarini<mailto:g...@aeronetpr.com>
Sent: Saturday, April 18, 2015 10:53 AM
To: mailto:af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] PON extenders/repeaters

Let me clarify,

Looking into devices that extend the reach of a GPon network, GPon repeaters.

Gino A. Villarini
@gvillarini

On Apr 18, 2015, at 12:47 PM, Jaime Solorza
<losguyswirel...@gmail.com<mailto:losguyswirel...@gmail.com>> wrote:

I heard a Moxa engineer talk about using their industrial switches with fiber
Turbo ring ports to extend distance using fiber in high EMI RFI plant for
defense contractor.  Just an idea

Jaime Solorza

On Apr 18, 2015 10:16 AM, "Gino Villarini"