Gino,

Are you already using C+ optics?

Even if you just put it at the headend you get +2 TX and +4 RX.
Figure out a way to put on ONU and get +3 RX

--
Best regards,
 Mark                            mailto:m...@mailmt.com

Myakka Technologies, Inc.
www.MyakkaTech.com

Proud Sponsor of the Myakka City Relay For Life
http://www.RelayForLife.org/MyakkaCityFL

Please Donate at Please Donate at http://www.myakkatech.com/RFL.html
------

Saturday, April 18, 2015, 1:16:05 PM, you wrote:

GV> I'm not looking for more reach but for more snr for more splits

GV> Would this affect power too?

GV> Gino A. Villarini
GV> @gvillarini

GV> On Apr 18, 2015, at 12:59 PM, "ch...@wbmfg.com" <ch...@wbmfg.com> wrote:

GV> Yeah, some people say PON some say POE... same diff...
GV> ᅵ
GV> On a serious note, pon reach is many times limited by timing rather than
optical power.
GV> You can always use erbium doped fiber amplifiers (EDFA) but
GV> you would have to have one in each direction with the appropriate
GV> optical filters etc.ᅵ
GV> ᅵ
GV> The best way to extend the reach of a pon network, is to put
GV> the pon card out near the end in its own cabinet.ᅵ
GV> ᅵ

repeaters.

GV> Gino A. Villarini
GV> @gvillarini
GV> ᅵ
GV> ᅵ

GV> On Apr 18, 2015, at 12:47 PM, Jaime Solorza
GV> <losguyswirel...@gmail.com> wrote:

GV> I heard a Moxa engineer talk about using their industrial
GV> switches with fiber Turbo ring ports to extend distance using
GV> fiber in high EMI RFI plant for defense contractor.ᅵ Just an idea

GV> Jaime Solorza

GV> On Apr 18, 2015 10:16 AM, "Gino Villarini" <g...@aeronetpr.com> wrote:
GV> What?

GV> Gino A. Villarini
GV> @gvillarini

>> On Apr 18, 2015, at 12:06 PM, Bill Prince <part15...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> We've done some home-grown variants. They work pretty well; the
>> farthest we've extended ethernet so far is about 1400 feet.
>>
>> The challenge is getting enough power at the remote end. The
>> really long one, we used a 56V POE at the near end, then a DC-DC
>> converter at the far end to bring the voltage down to something the
>> CPE can handle. That one has been operational now for about 6
>> months.
>>
>> bp
>> <part15sbs{at}gmail{dot}com>
>>
>>> On 4/18/2015 8:54 AM, Gino Villarini wrote:
>>> Anyone has any experience with such devices?
>>>

>>> Gino A. Villarini
>>> President

---
is active.