It was pots line powered too.  I was quite proud of the circuit.

From: Lewis Bergman
Sent: Thursday, May 21, 2015 7:59 AM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Voip analog handoff to PBX

I really want to know Chuck...is there anything you have not built? You were on
the Apollo team when you were 12 right?

On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 8:26 AM, Chuck McCown <ch...@wbmfg.com> wrote:

  I once built an amplified headset for a large call center operation.  It had
an on and off button that would used an attached modem to send the C and D
tones to connect and disconnect the call.  We were on track to build about 9000
units when they discovered the modems that would be on the line could not
generate C & D tones.... arrgh...