Hi,

Like I said, you would need to check with your accountant. If you are buying $500,000 worth of equipment per year, you can't depreciate a vehicle in a single year, because there are annual limits. In that case, leasing is a better deal because you can write off the total amount of the payments without using any of the annual depreciation limits.

When you buy, you are paying sales tax on the entire purchase amount, compared to leasing you only pay sales tax on the monthly payment.

Also, leasing is generally less expensive than buying. I just purchased a new Chevy 3500HD Duramax truck, and even at 0% interest rate, doing a lease was $150/month cheaper. I will keep the truck 2 years, so that saves me $3,600 in monthly payments. I could "invest" that money into a basic retirement account and earn 8% interest on that money over those 2 years, making the difference even more. :)

Every case is different an unique. Use an accountant that knows all the angles and can help you the most. Cash flow is king.

Travis