He said minor, not miner. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJ83r886Kyg
On Thu, May 28, 2015 at 9:54 AM, Simon Westlake < [email protected]> wrote: > Yeah, I've never done the 'lock programmers in a room for 16 hours' > thing. I've always solved the problems I've been stuck on the best when I > go for a walk or wake up in the morning having slept on it all night. > > I think it's feasible to turn out software that generally works by pushing > people past reasonable limits, but I don't think it's feasible to turn out > good, well thought out software by that method. It's a skilled profession, > and your brain gets tired just as much as your body would doing something > physical. I don't really know where the mentality that it's 'normal' to > make programmers work crazy hours came from, but I've never agreed with it > or bought into it. Or maybe I'm just not very good. > > > On 5/28/2015 9:46 AM, Ken Hohhof wrote: > > Common wisdom used to be that you locked programmers in a room and slid > pizzas under the door until the product was done. But now apparently they > subsist on liquid diet techie drinks like “Schmoylent”. > > > http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/25/technology/in-busy-silicon-valley-protein-powder-is-in-demand.html > > Because, you know, eating actual food would take too much time away from > writing code for your startup. Welcome to the new economy. I wonder if > this is one of those myths, like millennials are good at multitasking. The > way my brain works, stepping away from the computer occasionally is when I > realize I’ve forgotten something, done something stupid, or missed > something brilliant. But I have an old model brain. > > > *From:* Simon Westlake <[email protected]> > *Sent:* Thursday, May 28, 2015 9:31 AM > *To:* [email protected] > *Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] Powercode Announcement > > There was nothing beside him for scale, he's actually 400 feet tall. > > I would guess Powercode sounds like an energy drink for programmers > because of the combination of the words 'Power' and 'code' but I'm not 100% > sure.. > > On 5/28/2015 9:28 AM, Ken Hohhof wrote: > > He said minor, not miner. > > As in it’s illegal to serve Powercode to a minor. > > Your miner looks small but not underage. Hi ho, hi ho, it’s off to work > we go. And why does “Powercode” sound like an energy drink for programmers? > > > *From:* Simon Westlake <[email protected]> > *Sent:* Thursday, May 28, 2015 9:06 AM > *To:* [email protected] > *Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] Powercode Announcement > > It's for measuring coal. > > On 5/28/2015 9:05 AM, Faisal Imtiaz wrote: > > That picture is an oxymoron..... > > A Miner with a slide rule ?? > > > > Faisal Imtiaz > Snappy Internet & Telecom > 7266 SW 48 Street > Miami, FL 33155 > Tel: 305 663 5518 x 232 > > Help-desk: (305)663-5518 Option 2 or Email: [email protected] > > ------------------------------ > > *From: *"Simon Westlake" mailto:[email protected] > <[email protected]> > *To: *[email protected] > *Sent: *Thursday, May 28, 2015 10:03:02 AM > *Subject: *Re: [AFMUG] Powercode Announcement > > That's a miner > > On 5/28/2015 9:02 AM, Josh Luthman wrote: > > ??? > > Josh Luthman > Office: 937-552-2340 > Direct: 937-552-2343 > 1100 Wayne St > Suite 1337 > Troy, OH 45373 > On May 28, 2015 9:57 AM, "Simon Westlake" < > [email protected]> wrote: > >> >> >> On 5/27/2015 6:57 PM, CBB - Jay Fuller wrote: >> >> � >> i am not sure i'd call these changes "minor..." >> � >> >> ----- Original Message ----- >> *From:* James Bertram (Powercode) <[email protected]> >> *To:* [email protected] ; [email protected] >> *Sent:* Wednesday, May 27, 2015 4:42 PM >> *Subject:* [WISPA Members] Powercode Announcement >> >> Wisp Community, >> � >> I just wanted to send out an email representing Powercode, myself, and >> the entire team behind Powercode. >> � >> Neither Powercode nor Bertram Wireless were sold, we are all still here >> and going strong.� >> � >> Powercode is in wonderful hands with strong intuitive team in developing >> code, timely resolutions, and increasing the general user experience as a >> whole. There is an entire team of Strong Developers, Support Staff, and >> Graphic Designers. >> � >> Our development and support staff has had some minor structural changes. >> To better suit our customer's needs, we have hired some new staff members >> and are looking to add more staff. Many customers may have already noticed >> a decreased turnaround time to their support calls and trouble tickets.� >> � >> We understand how critical Powercode is to our users and their network >> and want to assure you we are here to help and are moving forward with the >> product. Our WISP Bertram Wireless, one of the largest in the region, >> relies on Powercode in the same way our customers rely on Powercode. We >> understand the direction we need to take with Powercode to make it benefit >> your business now and for the future. When Powercode was failing back in >> 2009, I made the executive decision to purchase Powercode because my >> Company was so deeply integrated with Powercode that the only option in our >> eyes was to acquire the company and turn the software around for the better. >> � >> Many Powercode developments are the result of interactions with our users >> through feature requests and experiences. We want you to know that we still >> encourage that type of partnership, with you - our valued users.� >> Over the next few months we will develop and announce a roadmap for >> Powercode.� >> We intend to bring the very best to Powercode: The Complete ISP Solution. >> � >> Yours truly, >> � >> James Bertram >> President and CEO >> Powercode and Bertram Wireless >> � >> � >> >> >> ------------------------------ >> _______________________________________________ >> Members mailing list >> [email protected] >> http://lists.wispa.org/mailman/listinfo/members >> >> >> > > > > > >
