Where the hell is Doug? Did he join the dark side, or is he still a rebel?

On 5/29/2015 5:57 PM, Chuck McCown wrote:
You have to have a perfect optical line of sight for mm wave.
You cannot have much precipitation.
Oxygen absorption hits a max at 60 GHz.
Half mile ranges or less in real deployments if you want even 99.99 available. And you want to do point to multip-point. So you lose probably 30 dB right off the starting line due to the difference in the AP antenna and an PTP antenna. Doug Clark was all over some 24 GHz PTMP product several years ago. I guess it never worked out.
*From:* Brett A Mansfield <mailto:li...@silverlakeinternet.com>
*Sent:* Friday, May 29, 2015 4:49 PM
*To:* af@afmug.com <mailto:af@afmug.com>
*Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] PTMP backhaul solution
60 and 240GHz can make wireless in urban areas actually be able to compete with cable and maybe even fiber.

Thank you,
Brett A Mansfield

On May 29, 2015, at 4:44 PM, Brett A Mansfield <li...@silverlakeinternet.com <mailto:li...@silverlakeinternet.com>> wrote:

Id stay ahead of the curve. There is a LOT of spectrum out there going unused. For example, 60GHz and 240GHz. Yes they cannot go very far, but it seems none of the other high frequency stuff can either. And these are very high capacity.

Thank you,
Brett A Mansfield