From: "Paul Stewart" <p...@paulstewart.org>
To: af@afmug.com
Sent: Monday, June 1, 2015 1:36:34 PM
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Caching Boxes

Yes, but typically on different IX’s you also have transit providers who can
provide the same low latency connectivity J I guess that’s part of my point –
if you look at it from an ISP that is providing transit services to other
providers etc …

I’m just a believer that IX’s should remain a pure layer2 fabric provider and
stay away from additional services (within reason). Providing community
services such as public NTP or DNS root server access makes total sense – but
providing commercial “connectivity” options doesn’t … in my opinion….

Of course, North American and European IX’s have different accepted approaches
too …