On the cambium ask the synchronization experts thing I'm doing someone
pointed out the section in the ePMP manual talking about frequency reuse. I
had to go look since I had somehow missed that section.   In case you
haven't seen it, there's a deep discussion about the proper settings when
you have a "mixed" network of internal GPS, CMM3 and CMM4.   (See Page 94
in the current release).   I admit my ignorance and I hadn't seen this yet,
but.....

All I have to say is this:  WTF Cambium?

Ok, I know the dirty little secret that the CMM3 and CMM4 produce different
timing pulses.   Obviously different enough that it matters in the ePMP
world.   But the difference is easy enough to fix...  add a fixed amount of
delay which varies based on the timing source.   They already have to delay
the GPS timing signal to match the CMM4.    Why not delay the two sources
which are 'early' to match the 'late' source?   Or even better, fix the
CMM4 so it matches every other sync source on the planet - I'm shocked this
hasn't already been done.   Ok, I get it, it might be a hardware limitation
which prevents one or both of the solutions.   But come on, really?

For the record the syncinjectors currently produce "CMM3" timing, not
"CMM4".  Since it's obvious that the difference matters now, I'm
considering adding a software witch which allows this to be configured so
you don't have to deal with a 'mixed' timing source since it seems like a
CMM4 and internal GPS are identical.  This should permit better operation
when you have to switch between an internal GPS and a SyncInjector.

Thoughts?

--
*Forrest Christian* *CEO**, PacketFlux Technologies, Inc.*
<http://www.linkedin.com/in/fwchristian>  <http://facebook.com/packetflux>