True...

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Smartphone

----- Reply message -----
From: "Ken Hohhof" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Subject: [AFMUG] storms
Date: Sun, Jun 7, 2015 11:07 PM
You are never safe.  I had a tower struck by lightning once on
Christmas Eve.




From: CBB - Jay Fuller 
Sent: Sunday, June 07, 2015 10:47 PM
To: [email protected] 
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] storms

Feel for you....but glad its all up there.  
We are past our stormy season...Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE 
Smartphone----- Reply message -----From: "Ken Hohhof" 
<[email protected]>To: <[email protected]>Subject: [AFMUG] 
stormsDate: Sun, Jun 7, 2015 10:33 PMWe got some rain 
this morning, but all the bad stuff they were predicting for this afternoon 
went 
south.  Apparently not far enough south to miss you.Are those the 
Cyclones with the built-in sync and surge protection?  I had a lot of those 
get fried in storms.Actually after having my 2450-360 in Scarboro 
repaired a couple times, I went to just a connectorized AP and an omni, with a 
Polyphaser on the bottom of the omni.  That might be your quickest fix 
unless you have spares.I've had Cyclones go flaky after a rainstorm and 
fix themselves once the sun came out, they seem susceptible to condensation in 
the RJ45 jacks.  Most of the time they've been fried though.  You 
could take a can of Dust-Off when you climb though, see if you get 
lucky.-----Original Message----- From: George SkorupSent: 
Sunday, June 07, 2015 10:06 PMTo: [email protected]: [AFMUG] 
stormsAnybody else have the lightning gods hate on you? Got two 
Cyclone2450-360's down from the storms tonight. Early morning, yay! Not. 
Drovethrough some light hail and torrential rain, couldn't see past the 
hood.That was fun.One of the Cyclones says the default plug is 
inserted. I really wish wecould just set the damn thing to ignore the 
default plug for times likethis. But no.

Reply via email to