BTW, I have used an omni with 7 degree electrical downtilt at a grain leg in a small town where I mainly wanted to cover a 1-2 mile radius and had a lot of interference coming from T6 sites in all directions.
https://www.tessco.com/products/displayProductInfo.do?sku=342385&eventPage=1

-----Original Message----- From: George Skorup
Sent: Monday, June 08, 2015 8:22 AM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] storms

Nope, just regular 360's. SS top and bottom. Timing via SyncPipes. No
other radios at either site had any issues (both Canopy and UBNT). I
have Cyclones on a number of other sites and they're all fine. A few
sites with 5750-360's always get random reboots during thunderstorms.
The logs say power-on reset. And only the Cyclones, no other radios. I
had one take a direct lightning strike a couple years ago. The antenna
was gone and the board was black. Sometimes you just get unlucky.

I like LMG stuff, it's rugged, but yeah, any FSK stuff we have to put
up, I'm just going with connectorized radios and external antennas now.
Luckily we do have two APs and the same L-com/Hyperlink antennas LMG
uses on the Cyclones. I'll probably end up ripping them apart and
swapping the boards out. But I think we're going to be doing the same
thing you're doing, using 3.6 450 as a replacement for 2.4 because the
noise is just horrendous in all but the most extreme rural areas. We
have one 2.4 450 up at a quiet tower, but you can't get around the noise
at the SM side from the customer's 40MHz wide router, and the bigger
houses end up getting two of them.