It is called 5pm
http://www.5pmweb.com

-----Original Message----- From: Steve
Sent: Monday, June 08, 2015 9:06 AM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Project Management Tools

Free trial of what?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chuck McCown" <ch...@wbmfg.com>
To: af@afmug.com
Sent: Monday, June 8, 2015 11:06:02 AM

I am going to try a free trial of 5pm today.  It looks like it can do what I
need.

-----Original Message----- From: Steve
Sent: Monday, June 08, 2015 9:04 AM
To: af@afmug.com

The question is -  what is a good open source system?  A lot of these online
systems are great and cheap but all it takes is for one of the team members
to have a compromised computer and valuable information could be obtained
such as passwords or other private information.  For that fact alone I'd
prefer to keep a server in house.

I've tried several but almost all of them are either 1) Time management
based  or 2) For coding.   I'm trying to find something that is like trello
where its more of a task management under the umbrella of project
management.  Sometimes you have a whole long list of tasks that only loosely
fit under broad topics.

Also trying to find a good tree based or hierarchical based system.

I've messed with Redmine  Bitrix a whole slew of them and nothing quite does
it.  Its either too simple or too easy.

I was actually hoping that Powercode would take the ticketing system to a
new level if it could monitor devices outside its BMU's you could literally
just have categories and tickets in Powercode you could assign.  It would be
very handy to keep a majority of your work in one program.