Do how does an in-house system protect you any further?  I mean, if a computer
there gets compromised it really doesn't matter if you're behind a firewall or
not half the time .... seen it lots of times ...

-----Original Message-----
From: Af [mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com] On Behalf Of Steve
Sent: Monday, June 8, 2015 11:04 AM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Project Management Tools

The question is -  what is a good open source system?  A lot of these online
systems are great and cheap but all it takes is for one of the team members to
have a compromised computer and valuable information could be obtained such as
passwords or other private information.  For that fact alone I'd prefer to keep
a server in house.

I've tried several but almost all of them are either 1) Time management based
or 2) For coding.   I'm trying to find something that is like trello where its
more of a task management under the umbrella of project management.  Sometimes
you have a whole long list of tasks that only loosely fit under broad topics.

Also trying to find a good tree based or hierarchical based system.

I've messed with Redmine  Bitrix a whole slew of them and nothing quite does
it.  Its either too simple or too easy.

I was actually hoping that Powercode would take the ticketing system to a new
level if it could monitor devices outside its BMU's you could literally just
have categories and tickets in Powercode you could assign.  It would be very
handy to keep a majority of your work in one program.