From: That One Guy /sarcasm
Sent: Tuesday, June 30, 2015 10:04 AM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: [AFMUG] Fiber in the country

Say you want to run fiber for 10 miles.
Aside from the boring equipment and permits what does that entail?

I know there are 36 bazillion answers, but humor me.

Details like how often you need handholes and how to deal with slacking for cut
fiber splicing would be very helpful.

What is a rule of thumb in your long term planning on how often you can expect
a fiber cut. (an example of rule of thumb is I expect a storm related issue at
least once every three years at every site, there is no actual science, or
math, I just look at my thumb and it provides me sage answers)