>>The bank for example is moving from hosting on-site and going to the cloud so
>>they'll no longer store any user data at their branch but someone else hosts
>>it.

This is a bit of a sticky wicket..... let me see if I can try to explain it..

If and when the Bank goes thru a Security Test / Audit, they are going to need
SSAE-16 certification from all of their 'transport' providers.

If you are providing them with an Internet Connection, and they can do what
they please, then it becomes their problem. However if and when the Auditors
ask for the SSAE-16 cert, and it becomes a must for the bank to have it, then
you will loose... (SSAE-16 cert is not simple, easy nor in-expensive to get).

As for Law Enforcement agencies, I don't have much info on what they require.

Your Mileage may vary.

Faisal Imtiaz
Snappy Internet & Telecom
7266 SW 48 Street