Pricing also market dependent sometimes .. but generally that pricing for
Cogent is what I see.. +/-

Both HE and Cogent (as Mike mentioned) have their challenges.  Both are guilty
of running their ports quite “hot” at times – seen this on many occasions.
Often they have limited redundancy in some locations as well .. or in some
areas where they have redundancy (diverse paths leaving facility, redundant
switches/routers) they have other issues with capacity.

We use both of them along with several others – business decision more than
technical decision, driven by pricing.  To give credit though with HE, their
NOC folks are quite responsive in the past while I’ve dealt with them… and
service orders are filled fast.  We just lit a couple more ports with them and
it went fast and smooth overall.  At the same time we were lighting several
ports with a different provider and it was 45 days of agony, confusion,
miscommunication etc – once those ports were activated it was another week or
troubleshooting issues that HE would have solved in hours.

So as much as I dislike HE, they do have some strengths … Cogent we use for
on-net routes only until we can meet their peering requirements  - too many
problems going off-net with them compared to others.

Paul