I would just notify the telco that they need to come and attach the cable to your pole once it is in.

-----Original Message----- From: Adam Moffett
Sent: Monday, July 13, 2015 3:16 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: [AFMUG] dumb pole question

There's a longish span with an existing phone trunk on it---probably a
50 pair.  The power is on the other side of the road for reasons that
nobody understands.  I would like to insert a pole in the middle of the
existing span....I would put it in line with the existing poles in the
ROW of course.  So I would end up with a phone line touching my pole but
not attached to it.

I can't think of a specific reason this would be a problem, but I know a
couple of you guys do this more often than me and  I wonder if you know
of any reason this would be bad.