Yeah they max out way before the AP does...30meg might be right....but we're not usually selling more than that to one customer.

There's room in the market for a higher end SM for sure.

On 7/15/2015 11:22 AM, Mike Hammett wrote:
Higher peak Tx power also brings about higher Tx power at max modulation. Tx power at lowest modulation doesn't mean much to me.

Weren't there complains that the 450 SMs were running out of steam at like 30 megabit?

http://www.ics-il.com

<https://www.facebook.com/ICSIL><https://plus.google.com/+IntelligentComputingSolutionsDeKalb><https://www.linkedin.com/company/intelligent-computing-solutions><https://twitter.com/ICSIL>

Midwest Internet Exchange
http://www.midwest-ix.com

<https://www.facebook.com/mdwestix><https://www.linkedin.com/company/midwest-internet-exchange><https://twitter.com/mdwestix>
*From: *"Adam Moffett" <dmmoff...@gmail.com>
*To: *af@afmug.com
*Sent: *Wednesday, July 15, 2015 10:13:04 AM
*Subject: *Re: [AFMUG] 450d vs. 450i

I can also see why you wouldn't do it.
450d can max out the (FCC) legal EIRP with the available tx power. The higher pps, faster processor, etc are features more useful for an AP. Maybe they keep the cost down a little by NOT doing more with that one.

Or phrased another way, maybe 450di would be the ideal CPE except nobody would buy it because the 450d was cheaper.

....just speculation.