PacketFlux website shows 12 port as a timing port sync unit.

Are they going to do a 12 port sync injector (power port) as well?

That would be nice.

From: Af [mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com] On Behalf Of Mathew Howard
Sent: Thursday, July 23, 2015 8:31 AM
To: af
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] DC POE Switches

I have to agree, I don't see the sense in using switches when I can plug
everything into a Mikrotik router and get much more functionality. True, you
end up with a lot messier wiring using a midspan, but it's worth it in my
opinion.... that 12 port sync injector sounds like it's going to be exactly
what I want.

Some of the newer stuff does support 802.3af or at now, so maybe things are
starting to move the right direction. Cambium has the right idea with ePMP -
they work with both the old Canopy PoE and 802.3af... I wish everyone would
just do that.